Where can I purchase a machine?
For more options please refer to each product in the tab of “where to buy” to find a list of Retail Stores and on-line stores that sell our merchandise.
How much do your machines cost?
As the manufacturer, we do not set or suggest retail prices. Please contact your local retailer for pricing.
Does my karaoke machine come with a warranty?
Yes, Singing Machines include a 90-day warranty from the date of purchase, provided the item was purchased from an authorized distributor/retailer. Proof of purchase is necessary for any repair or replacement.
What do I do if I experience a problem with my karaoke machine and need to get it repaired?
Contact our Customer Service Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our toll free phone number (866) 670-6888 for troubleshooting steps and options available.
Does my Singing Machine come with a warranty if I purchase it on an E-bay auction?
Normally, Singing Machine products include a 90-day warranty when purchased from an authorized retailer or distributor. If purchased from an unauthorized party the warranty may be void or expired. Please read the warranty information included with your purchase carefully or click here to view our Warranty Information on-line. Please contact our Customer Service Department via email at email@example.com or at our toll free phone number (866) 670-6888 for specific information.
I am having technical issues with my merchandises and I don’t have a receipt to prove it was purchased within the 90-day manufacturers warranty period. What do I do?
Normally a retailer can provide a copy of a receipt. If you are still unable to provide a receipt for your merchandise it would automatically be considered out of warranty.
I don’t have my receipt but I registered my Singing Machine on-line; does that constitute as a proof of purchase?
Unfortunately when you registered your item the following information was posted “please keep a copy of the receipt/proof of purchase as it is required to obtain service within the 90-day warranty”.
I am having technical issues with my merchandise but I received it as a gift? What do I do?
We recommend contacting the gift giver for a copy of the receipt if purchased within the 90-day manufacturers warranty period. If you are still unable to provide a receipt for your merchandise it would automatically be considered out of warranty.
What should I do if accessories are missing from my merchandise?
Contact our customer service hotline (866) 670-6888 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: proof of purchase within the 90-day manufacturers warranty is necessary to supply missing accessories.
What type of discs play in my karaoke system?
Most CD+G karaoke discs, purchased at a retail store or down loaded with scrolling lyrics from our SMC Karaoke Manager will play and display lyrics.You can download the manager Clicking Here.
How do I get the lyrics to appear on my TV?
Place a CD+Graphics (karaoke disc) in the CD compartment of your Singing Machine Karaoke System.
Insure your Singing Machine is in CD+G function. Connect the RCA cords included with your purchase as described below:
• The RCA cords include two plugs on opposite ends of each cord (yellow, red and white). Yellow is for a video connection, red and white are for audio connections (sound). The red and white cords can also be connected to your TV or stereo for additional audio.
• Connect the yellow cord (video) to the video out jack (normally located on the back or side panel of your karaoke system)
• Connect the opposite end of the yellow (video) cord to the video in jack on your TV
Press play on your Singing Machine and lyrics should appear on your TV screen.
For more detailed instructions, please view your instruction manual titled “MAKING THE CONNECTIONS”
Feel free to call us at (866) 670-6888 for any further assistance.
How do I get a copy of an instruction manual?
Please click on our “Instruction Manual” tab under the “Customer Service” drop-down on our main menu bar. Click on your model # to download the PDF file. In order to view the manual you will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
What do I do if my model # is not listed on your Instruction Manual list?
You can contact our customer service hotline (866) 670-6888 or email us at email@example.com for availability.
How do I take proper care of my microphone?
Tapping or dropping the microphone while it is ON can permanently damage your microphone. Resist the urge to swing the microphone around by the cord.
Are parts available for repairs?
We do not offer internal components for our merchandise.
I need one of the following items replaced:
Power adaptor/power cord
Musical instrument parts
How do I go about replacing one of the above items?
Contact our customer service hotline (866) 670-6888 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for price and availability.
The Glossary of Terms in my manual lists several features that are not on my machine. Why?
The features listed in the Glossary of Terms may not necessarily pertain to the particular model that you have. These terms are listed in all manuals to familiarize you with the world of Karaoke.
I have a problem buying or downloading my karaoke music.
Please contact the Download Store customer service at email@example.com.
How can I download the SMC Karaoke Manager?
You can download the SMC Karaoke Manager here. Please note that the SMC Karaoke Manager is software that allows you to manage SMC karaoke files on Microsoft Windows computers
I have a problem downloading or using the SMC Karaoke Manager.
Please refer to our Download Songs & Create CD+G Tutorial to answer any questions. If problems persist, please contact our customer service hotline (866) 670-6888 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to all of the terminology associated with consumer electronic products, a few additional terms are used almost exclusively in karaoke. These terms are meant to familiarize you with the world of Karaoke. The features listed below may not necessarily pertain to the particular Singing Machine system that you have. The following are some brief explanations of karaoke terms.
This is an acronym for Compact Disc plus Graphics. You will also see variations CD+G and CD+Graphics. This is a regular CD with information stored on a data track simultaneous to music. In laymen’s terms, CDG has a video output for simple graphics (not full motion video). In the case of karaoke, the graphics function is used to store song lyrics, and display the lyrics in synch with the music. In most cases, CDG software displays lyrics, which change color as they are to be sung. A regular television is all that is required to display CDG lyrics.
Auto Voice Control (AVC)
When the AVC function is activated, the vocals on a multiplex recording are eliminated as soon as the singer begins singing into the microphone. When the singer stops singing, the vocals on the multiplex recording are automatically re-activated. This useful function is used primarily during practice sessions while a singer is learning a song. Please note that the AVC function only works with multiplex recordings and not with standard audio recordings.
Echo adds depth and resonance to a singer’s voice. This echo is produced by creating minor controlled feedback in the singer’s voice. The echo function does not affect the music.
Digital Key Control
Adjusts music to your vocal range.
A Multiplex allows you to separate the vocals and music by using the balance control on your Singing Machine Karaoke System.
This function controls pitch of music by controlling the speed at which a cassette tape plays back. By increasing the speed of the tape, the music sounds higher (sharp). By slowing the tape speed, the music sounds lower (flat).
Video and Audio Jacks
Use your Karaoke Singing Machine with other audio/visual components.
Keyboard & Guitar Input Jack
To use your karaoke system as an amplifier.
Glossary on Musical Instruments
Polyphony is a texture consisting of two or more independent melodic voices, as opposed to music with just one voice (monophony) or music with one dominant melodic voice accompanied by chords (homophony).
In music and music theory a chord is three or more different notes that are played simultaneously, or near-simultaneously.
A melody, also tune, voice, or line, is a series of linear events or a succession, not a simultaneity as in a chord. However, this succession must contain change of some kind and be perceived as a single entity (possibly Gestalt) to be called a melody.
In Western music, harmony is the use and study of pitch simultaneity, and therefore chords, actual or implied, in music. The study of harmony may often refer to the study of harmonic progressions, the movement from one pitch simultaneity to another, and the structural principles that govern such progressions.
Using Wi-Fi Feature
Singing Machine Home™ streams video through the Internet. Usage fees from your internet provider may apply. A minimum of 5.0 Mbps Internet download speed is recommended for HD quality Karaoke video streaming. Consult your ISP for information on bandwidth.
- How do I connect to Wi-Fi?
To connect to Wi-Fi first switch from Bluetooth® mode to Singing Machine Play mode. Follow the instruction below or refer to pages 12 on your user guide.
– Click the optical trackpad to exit Bluetooth Speaker mode and switch to Singing Machine Play
– A list of available wireless networks will be displayed, select from list or enter manually to connect
- What should I do when I get any of the following messages: Authentication Error, Can’t connect to Wi-Fi, Can’t sign-in /Time out?
Reset the system by unplugging the power cord from the electrical wall outlet, wait 5 minutes then plug the power cord back in.
- What should I do if my Home™ won’t connect to Wi-Fi?
Try moving your Home™ device closer to your Wi-Fi router to improve signal strength.
- What should I do when songs freeze during mid-play or take forever to load?
Try changing your video settings to “Low resolution” videos.
- Is it okay to have a delay when adjusting the volume or changing the track from my Bluetooth device?
Yes, this is normal and the unit is performing as expected.
- How do I adjust the volume while in Bluetooth mode?
You control the volume from your Bluetooth device by turning the volume up or down on your tablet or phone.
- How do I set the audio to come from the Home™ speaker and not from my TV speakers?
Check the Home™ box in the audio settings of the built-in tutorial. To revert the sound back to your TV, check the HDMI box.
- Why is there is no sound coming from the mic/remote?
- First ensure the system is not in Bluetooth® mode:
– Mic flashes Green when on Bluetooth mode. Turn off Bluetooth mode on your mobile device.
– Here are alternative ways to trouble shoot:
- Go to settings on the Play side of the machine and check for updates.
– Make sure the batteries have sufficient charge.
– Insure that the volume is not set all the way down.
- a. Why does the picture display cuts off the edges on my TV?
– Turn your TV off, unplug the Home unit from the power outlet and wait for a few seconds. Next, plug the Home back in while your TV is still turned off. Now turn your TV on and the display should fit your TV.
– If the above steps do not work, go to your TV menu settings to look for display options. Try changing the display settings to fit the display.
- Why is it that when the microphone LED flashes green, remote doesn’t work?
A flashing green LED on mic means the User is currently paired to a Bluetooth device. User must disconnect the Bluetooth before the Mic-Remote can work. LED Light should switch back to solid Green.
- How do I turn the volume up/down?
There are volume buttons hidden underneath the cloth on the mic. The buttons are located slightly above and slightly below the touch-sensor in the middle of the Mic Remote.
- How do I turn off the Mic-Remote?
– You must hold down the touch-sensor button for 5 seconds to power-off the mic-remote. You should see the LED light turn to red and then off.
– If that still doesn’t work, it is likely because your Home unit is unplugged. You will have to plug the Home back in to turn the mic off.
- How do I access/download the instruction manual for the Home™ device?
Visit the “Support” Page on the www.singingmachine.com/home. Once on the support page, click on the Product Manuals link and choose the user manual for your device.
- Where can I find the product serial number?
The product serial number is located on the bottom of the Home system.
- How do I disable auto renew or apply auto renew on Play?
Uncheck the auto renew box to disable this option.
- How do I change the email address on my PLAY account?
Please email email@example.com for assistance