Accountant - Accounts Receivable
The Singing Machine is the North American leader in consumer karaoke products with significant annual revenues and extensive placements of high quality karaoke systems in American homes each year. The company is focused on continuous improvement in both the consumer experience and the internal company operations. Our employees are a major focus with exceptional benefits and unparalleled team spirit.
Companies have traditionally viewed accounts receivable as a basic function. At The Singing Machine, we believe that effective management of receivables can lead to significant financial gain for the company. A properly managed accounts receivable portfolio can expedite cash flow and support corporate cash requirements.
We are looking for a driven, analytical professional with a passion for process improvement to drive our accounts receivable process and own our accounts receivable portfolio.
Effective receivables management includes the following:
- Post cash receipts daily from local and lock box bank deposits
- Research deductions for accuracy.
- Match all payments in a timely manner, create credit memos as needed
- Research and solve payment discrepancies/file disputes and claims as necessary
- Prepare timely account reconciliations to customer portals
- Responsible for receivables aging
- Follow up on past due customer accounts in a timely and professional manner
- Create aging reports and note account status on report at least monthly
- Recommend write-offs to General Accounting Manager & Controller at least quarterly
- Prepare non-EDI invoices, work closely with EDI Coordinator
- Prepare and maintain various reports for management and clients on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Assist other members of the accounting team and complete special projects
- Prepare supporting documentation for various audits and inquiries
- Update and maintain files and records
Excellent analytical skills, team orientation, flexibility, problem solving, and self-motivation are required for success.
- Strong computer skills with advanced Excel skills for automation
- Proactive in providing suggestions for the improvement of A/R practices
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Tenacious and diligent in completing tasks and achieving goals
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, Bachelor’s degree required, degree in Accounting preferred.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi task, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently
- ERP experience, knowledge of D365 ERP a plus
- Retail experience a plus
Awesome benefits such as flexible hours, medical insurance paid for employees, dental, vision, AFLAC, vacation, personal time, sick time, paid holidays and floating holidays, 401(k) with an employer match, flexible spending accounts, karaoke, and a general sense of fun.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org