For as long as friends and families fill up living rooms to croon in - or out - of tune on karaoke nights, the debate will rage on: which karaoke songs are the best of all time? Or better yet, which are best for karaoke nights? With that question in mind, we've compiled an unofficial top 5, but we encourage you to add your own picks to the list. Ready for our list? Here it goes.
5. "You Don't Know How it Feels" by Tom Petty. Nothing about the song sticks out, necessarily, but wouldn't you agree that once it comes on, you can't help but sing along? Every time?
4. "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake. Don't like 80s music? It doesn't matter. It seems that even non-80s fans get a kick out of this one. It's a tough one to sing, but then again, has that ever stopped you from singing it anyway?
3. "Tubthumping" by Chumbawumba. We expect that this is one of the ones you might question us on, but remember - there's nothing about a best-of karaoke list that requires the song to actually be a true 'classic.' No one has heard of Chumbawumba since, but it was so bad that it ended up being so good.
2. "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen. Extra points if you can actually memorize all of the lyrics without help from the prompting screen. Do you know all of the words?
1. "Don't Stop Believin" by Journey. Remember how we said you could dispute all of our picks? You can - except for this one. Bar none, it's the only song that will ever come on that everyone in the room knows the words to. "She was just a small town girl...." You finished the line, and you sang it, didn't you? Go ahead and post your comments and feedback on this one. We'd love to hear it!
Offer ends in